PRESIDENT MESSAGE FOR Fall 2019:
A VERY SPECIAL WELCOME TO ALL 23 NEW MEMBERS JOINING OUR BRANCH ALREADY THIS YEAR!
- Our “Welcome Back Breakfast” was a huge success with over 100 members and guests enjoying an exceptional full breakfast catered by Memo’s Bistro. Thanks to our hospitality chair Rosemary Dougherty and her team for planning and welcoming us all to this delicious event. During that breakfast we enjoyed an exceptional speaker, Heni Ben Amor who taught us about Artificial Intelligence and what happens in his ASU lab. He has volunteered to help us with our STEM initiative and is willing to have a tour for us at his lab. Watch for details!
- Ann Mitchell AND her team have worked extremely hard to get the AAUW-AZ Fall Forum, planned, reserved, sorted and ready for October 25th and 26th which we are hosting right here in our NWV. REMINDER: BE SURE TO GET YOUR REGISTRATION TURNED IN so that we can represent our branch well. We are counting on a FULL HOUSE. DON’T MISS THIS GREAT EVENT. RIGHT HERE IN OUR OWN BACKYARD – NO TRAVEL. THANK YOU, ANN.
- DON’T MISS OUR NEXT PROGRAM hosted by our STEM Chair Joyce Keane and her team entitled “Inspiring Girls to Envision Careers in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics” on October 17th, 9:00 – 10:00 a.m. during our General Meeting. Guest speakers Kimberly Scott and Dr. Linda Elkins-Tanton who are STEM subject matter experts and will be sharing how we can get more involved with STEM.
- SAVE YOUR STUFF! Sharon Lee Astle and her team have planned a SUPER fundraising RUMMAGE SALE event which will take place December 3RD – 6TH. We need your treasures donated for the sale. Watch for flyer and details.
- See you at the Fall Forum!
President AAUW-NWV Branch 2019-2020