AAUW is recognized by the IRS as a 501 c (3) charitable organization. AAUW Funds continues to be a vehicle for members to make donations to support the advancement of educational and professional opportunities for women and girls.
Restricted and unrestricted gifts to AAUW Funds are tax-deductible and are used for the most urgent needs and greatest opportunities to break through educational and economic barriers facing women and girls. Contributions may be designated to the following funds:
- AAUW Funds (#9110) – supports programs with the greatest need.
- Legal Advocacy Fund (#3999) – supports discrimination cases, education and campus outreach programs.
- Educational Opportunities Fund (#4336) – supports grants, fellowships, scholarships, and alumnae initiatives for educational and lifelong learning opportunities.
- Public Policy Fund (#4337) – supports policies and programs for government relations and civic engagement.
- Eleanor Roosevelt Fund (#9170) – supports research on important issues.
- Leadership Programs Fund (#4339) – supports campus action programs for emerging women student leaders.
Each February our branch conducts the annual Red Envelope Campaign to inform our membership about the gift fund options and to collect donations for the national AAUW funds. However, individuals may make a donation to the national funds at any time. For more information please contact Karen Olson Smith at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.